In Other Words: Welcome! By using UnitedHomies you agree to all the terms below.
In Other Words: You have read the terms and understood them. UnitedHomies can take steps necessary to ensure compliance with the terms.
1. UNITEDHOMIES SERVES 2 MAIN PURPOSES
a. Introduction Service
UnitedHomies serves as a central repository of homeowners’ requests for help, their needs for assistance from home service professionals. UnitedHomies attempts to connect these requests with appropriate home service professionals. Stated in another way, UnitedHomies acts as an introduction service between homeowners in need and home service professionals wanting to address this need.
Homeowners pay no fee for this service.
While UnitedHomies strives to identify appropriate home service professionals, ones with the appropriate qualifications and experience, it is solely up to you to confirm the home service professional you are considering has the right qualifications and experience for your needs before hiring them. UnitedHomies is simply the introduction service, and does not warrant and cannot warrant the qualifications and experience of any home service professional.
Any legal, contractual relationship you may arrange with the home service professional is strictly between you and the home service professional. UnitedHomies has no role in the hiring of the home service professional, or the execution or the quality of any work carried out, or any consequences resulting from any work.
As stated above, homeowners pay no fee for this service. UnitedHomies provides this introduction service as a complimentary courtesy to its members.
b. Group Savings and Discounts
UnitedHomies provides the ability for homeowners to associate, to unite, so that their collective numbers make them eligible eligible for group savings and discounts.
UnitedHomies seeks out group savings and discounts and notifies you of their availability along with any terms and conditions that apply in availing yourself of these.
"Company" means a business or individual acting as a home service professional, or contractor, or supplier whose information and contact details are posted on the Site or provided to you through your use of the Site.
"Content" means any text, image, audio, video, or other form of data or information that you deliver, upload or transmit to, or in connection with the Site, including but not limited to, ratings, reviews, comments, posts and any profile information that you elect to make public. "User Content" means Content that site users submit or transmit to, or in connection with the Site. "UnitedHomies Content" means Content that we create and publish in connection with the Site. "Third Party Content" means Content that originates from parties outside UnitedHomies or its users, which is made available through the Site. "Site Content" means all of the Content that is made available in connection with the Site, including your Content, user Content, Third Party Content, and UnitedHomies Content.
In Other Words: Content means anything posted on our website.
3. USE OF SITE
• In order to use part or all of our Services, you may need to create a profile and register on our Site.
Permission to use the Site
• You are permitted to use the Site subject to the restrictions stated herein. You use the Site at your own risk, including the risk that you might be exposed to Content you may find offensive, indecent, inaccurate, or objectionable. UnitedHomies undertakes the protection of the rights of minors and underage persons, and thereby encourages parents, legal guardians and responsible adults to be actively involved in the safe use of the Internet by their minors. You hereby represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age, or older, as of the date of first access to our Site and, if you are under such age, are using the Site under the direct supervision of your parent, legal guardian or responsible adult.
In Other Words: You can use UnitedHomies unless you are under 18.
• You agree that our Site may not always be error free, continuous, or not disrupted. We may update, delete, disable, modify functionalities or otherwise discontinue the Site, at our sole and final discretion, and we do not guarantee that it will always be available, work, or be accessible at any particular time. We cannot guarantee that the Site will work as advertised, or that it will give you the desired results. You agree not to distribute or make available any content found on our Site without our prior written authorization, unless such act is done through sharing functionalities offered by our Service. You are expressly forbidden to make money off of our Site unless you have received prior written permission from us. You agree not to access content through any technology or means other than through our Site or otherwise authorized by us.
In Other Words: You understand that UnitedHomies owns the content on its site and you cannot distribute our content without our consent.
• UnitedHomies is not responsible for your violation of any laws while using our Site. You must comply with any and all local, provincial, or federal laws regarding your use of our Site, including, but not limited to, reviews and indications of any local service or establishment. We hereby reserve the right (but not the obligation) to remove and/or edit any content you or other user posts on the Site, and we have the right (but not the obligation) to monitor and edit or remove any activity; thereby enacting the necessary measures to moderate any comments and to control user behavior within our Site.
In Other Words: It is your responsibility to be aware of and to comply with your legal obligations.
In Other Words: You are responsible for your username and password and will let us know immediately if there is unauthorized use of your account.
Communications from UnitedHomies and other users
• By creating an account, you agree to receive certain communications from the Site regarding your account. For example, you will receive responses to inquiries from companies, confirmation of account creation notifications, and on the status of your reviews, if any. You can also subscribe to emails pertaining to promotions, as well as our e-mail newsletter. You can opt-out of non-essential communications at anytime.
Links to Third-Party Sites
In Other Words: When you click on a link for another website, you are leaving UnitedHomies, and we are not responsible.
• UnitedHomies hereby reserves the right to update, modify, discontinue or terminate the Site at any time and at our sole and final discretion. Any changes to these Terms will be displayed in the Site, and we may notify you through the Site, by email and/or short message service. Please, refer to the date shown below for the date where effective changes were last undertaken. Your continued use of the Site after the last effective date of amendment to these Terms - either by registration or simple use - indicates your acceptance of any modifications thereto.
In Other Words: Sometimes, we need to update the Terms. You accept the new terms by continuing to use UnitedHomies.
• We own the UnitedHomies Content, including but not limited to visual interfaces and graphics, interactive features, design features, compilation, products, computer code, software, Company/user review and ratings, and any and all other multimedia elements and/or components of the Site, excluding any Content provided by you, any User Content, and any Third Party Content displayed there. We own the copyrights, trademarks, trade names, service marks and other intellectual and proprietary rights associated with the UnitedHomies Content and the Site throughout the world, which are thereto protected under copyright, trade dress, patent, trademark laws and any and all other applicable intellectual and proprietary rights. As such, you may not reproduce, modify, create derivative works or adaptations thereof, distribute, publicly display or in any way exploit any of the UnitedHomies Content, in whole or in part, except as expressly authorized by us or our affiliates. Except as expressly set forth herein, we do not grant you any express or implied rights, authorizations, or licenses. Any and all rights in and to the Site and the UnitedHomies Content are ours.
In Other Words: We own the UnitedHomies Content. You do not have any license or rights over the UnitedHomies content.
• UnitedHomies may publicly display advertisements and other information adjacent to or included with your Content. You are not entitled to any compensation for such advertisements. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising are subject to change without specific notice to you. These advertisements may be tailored to the content the Site and Companies shown there, and the nature and extent of such advertising by us is subject to change without prior notice.
• You may consent to receiving emails from us that may contain information about our service, advice, promotions, newsletter, savings and discounts, and other relevant content. As our user, you will be able to select the amount and volume of emails received by you. You will be able to unsubscribe from various levels of email communications at anytime.
In Other Words: Please subscribe to our fabulous emails. You can easily unsubscribe at anytime.
• UnitedHomies and its affiliates take spam seriously, and we encourage you and our users to report any spam activities to us. We will not tolerate, nor allow others to use any information from the Site, for the transmission of unsolicited bulk communication to any of our users or to any third party. You may not access the Site to harvest and/or collect any information about our users, for any purpose, and any commercial communication that you may receive from us and/or our partners, licensors, suppliers and affiliates will clearly indicate measures to stop receiving such communications, including unsubscribe links and appertaining instructions.
You may not use the site to bully other users, upload illegal material, modify site content, send spam or hack into user information.
In connection with your use of the Site, you agree that you shall not:
• Help, motivate, or enable others to infringe these Terms;
• Impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation, a UnitedHomies officer or agent;
• Plagiarize or infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party; including any breach of confidence, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, personality rights or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
• Use any automated process to obtain, copy, process, access or use our services or any process, whether automated or manual, to capture data or content from any of our users, Content, or Services for any reason;
• Collect, receive, transfer, or disseminate any personally identifiable information of any user of the Site without the express authorization of the holder;
• Engage in keyword spamming of reviews or profile text, or otherwise attempt to manipulate any Site's search results, write fake or defamatory Content, or trade reviews with other businesses;
• Upload, post, or otherwise disseminate any content that: (i) infringes or violates the intellectual property rights of any third party, including any trademark, copyright, trade secret, moral rights, ancillary rights or other rights therefrom, or causes or results in the violation of any applicable law or regulation, (ii) in any way exploits the Site other than as specifically sanctioned by us; (iii) encourages any conduct that could promote or cause discrimination, racism, hatred, harm or violence against any individual or group of persons; (iv) threatens minors in any manner; (v) promotes or encourages illegal, fraudulent or inappropriate activities; and/or (vi) promotes or disseminates any content that is or may be considered obscene, pornographic, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable;
• Modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Site Content, except as expressly authorized by UnitedHomies;
• Remove or modify any watermark, copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice that appears on any image, banner, frame, content, or portion of the Site, or to retrieve or index any portion of the Site;
• Deliver or attempt to deliver, any unsolicited advertising, electronic email, promotion, spam or chain letters;
• Use the Site to give other users any type of computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or other items of a destructive nature;
• Take any action that will or may cause an unreasonably large load on UnitedHomies' technology infrastructure, or otherwise make excessive traffic demands of the Site;
• Bully, intimidate, harass, put undue pressure, initiate a legal action, threaten a legal action against any user of the Site; or
• Use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions.
You shall not use the Site in any manner that could interfere with any other user's use and enjoyment of the Site. Furthermore, you may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any of the Site, services, accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to UnitedHomies through hacking, password mining, or any other means.
UnitedHomies reserves the right to decide what data, content, or information is published to, or removed from, the Site that is deemed to violate any of the above restrictions.
6. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Limited License and Copyright
• Subject to these Terms, you grant UnitedHomies a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access, use, and display this Site and the visible text, graphics or images thereon (the "Materials") and to view and download the Materials, only in connection with your personal and non-commercial use of the Site. This authorization is not a transfer of title in the Materials is subject to the restrictions in the Terms.
In Other Words: You grant us a limited right to use and display content on UnitedHomies.
• The trade-marks, logos and company names of UnitedHomies or any of its affiliates used on this Site may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of UnitedHomies or any such affiliate. Other products, services, logos, and company names mentioned on this Site may be the trade-marks of their respective owners. Except as expressly provided herein, UnitedHomies and its affiliates do not grant any express or implied right or license to you under any intellectual property right, including under any patent, trade-mark, copyright, trade secret, or confidential information.
In Other Words: You won't copy or use our trade-marks or any other trade-mark on our Site.
• You may not post or otherwise make available to the Site any material that is protected by a copyright, trade-mark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner. You agree to assume sole liability and to indemnify UnitedHomies for any damage resulting from infringement of any third party's copyrights, trade-marks or other proprietary rights or any other harm resulting from your use of such infringing materials on or in connection with the Site.
In Other Words: Do not post content on UnitedHomies posted on another site.
7. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMERS
In no event shall UnitedHomies or its affiliates, agents, licensors, suppliers, subsidiaries, successors and assigns, or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives be liable to you or to any party for damages of any nature whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of this Website, or any other linked web site, including, but not limited to any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not you are advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that you agree is fair and reasonable in the circumstances concerning your use of the Website and applies to all harm, liability, injury, loss, cost, expense or damages of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, compensatory, or consequential damages, regardless of how same arise (whether in tort, negligence, statute, contract, common law, equity or otherwise), and whether for or in connection with, without limitation, loss of programs or other data, loss of income, revenues or profits, loss of anticipated sales, loss of opportunities, business interruption, failure to realize expected savings, damage to property, claims of third parties and otherwise.
You specifically acknowledge and agree that UnitedHomies is not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user. If you are dissatisfied with the UnitedHomies Website, or with any of these terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the UnitedHomies Website. You understand and expressly agree that use of the UnitedHomies Website is at your sole risk and discretion. You agree to hold UnitedHomies and its affiliates and subsidiaries absolutely harmless from, and you covenant not to take any action against UnitedHomies and any of its affiliates and subsidiaries for, any claims in any connection with this Website.
UnitedHomies' maximum cumulative liability to you for any losses or damages arising out of or in connection with your access of the site and any services therein shall be limited to: (I) the amount paid, if any, by you to us in connection with the site and any services therein during the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to such liability (if any); or (ii) CDN$50 (fifty cdn dollars), whichever amount results inferior. The use of this site is at your own risk and UnitedHomies assumes no liability or responsibility pertaining to the content, your use of the site or the receipt, storage, transmission or other use of your personal information.
In Other Words: We are not the ones responsible if things go wrong while using our Site.
The materials and information accessible through this site may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. UnitedHomies and its affiliates make no representations or warranties about the accuracy or completeness of the materials or information accessible on or through this site, or the reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information displayed or distributed through this site. You acknowledge that any reliance on any of the foregoing shall be at your sole risk. UnitedHomies will not be responsible to you or any third party for any damages, expenditures, loss of profits, or prospective profits of any kind or nature sustained or arising out of or alleged to have been sustained or to have arisen out of your use of this site.
Your use of our site is at your own risk, and therefore you hereby acknowledge and agree that we supply our services "as is", "with all faults", and "as available", including all content, software, materials, services, functions, and/or information made available through the site. UnitedHomies is not responsible for any content or information that you may find undesirable or objectionable. UnitedHomies hereby disclaims any and all liability arising out of or related to any purported facts or information and description of any products displayed on our site, including all warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Neither UnitedHomies, nor its employees, affiliates, contractors and/or agents warrantee that the site will be error-free, uninterrupted, secure, or produce particular results, that a quote is current, valid and/or un-expired, or that the information obtained therefrom will be reliable or accurate. No advice or information given by UnitedHomies or its employees, affiliates, contractors and/or agents shall create a guarantee.
In Other Words: We're not liable for various things. If you think we are, stop using the site. We are building the best service we can for you but we can't promise it will be perfect.
From time to time, UnitedHomies may offer, either on or through the Site, promotions or games ("Promotions"). You agree to release UnitedHomies and its agents, advertisers, sponsors and / or promotional partners, from all liability arising from participation in any Promotion located on, or accessed through the Site. You agree to be bound by the rules of any Promotion. If you violate any such rules or guidelines for behaviour posted on the Site, you will be subject to immediate disqualification and will become ineligible to be awarded any prizes. UnitedHomies reserves the right to cancel, terminate or alter any Promotion or the rules thereof at any time without prior notification.
10. LEGAL DISPUTES
UnitedHomies is committed to resolving disputes quickly in a cost effective and fair way. Accordingly, you and UnitedHomies agree to resolve any dispute that arises out of this Agreement or our services (a "Claim") in accordance with one of the subsections below or as UnitedHomies and you otherwise agree in writing. Before resorting to these alternatives, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly.
Get in touch
• It is our belief that many disputes can be resolved amicably. We encourage you to contact us by phone or email us before resorting to alternatives.
Improperly Filed Claims
• Claims you bring against UnitedHomies must be resolved in accordance with this Legal Disputes Section. A claim filed or brought contrary to the Legal Disputes Section shall be considered improperly filed. A claim filed contrary to the Legal Disputes Section may allow UnitedHomies to recover legal fees provided that UnitedHomies has notified you in writing of the improperly filed claim, and you have failed to promptly have the claim withdrawn.
Law and Forum for Legal Disputes
• This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada as they apply to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Ontario between Ontario residents, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against UnitedHomies must be resolved exclusively by provincial or federal court located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada except as otherwise agreed by the parties. For the purpose of litigation all such claims or disputes, you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
In Other Words: We prefer that you try to work things out with us first. If you want to sue us, you have to do that in Toronto.
• UnitedHomies will not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations hereunder, where such failure results from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic, or communications failure or degradation.
• If any provision of these Terms is held unenforceable, then such provision will be modified to reflect the parties' intention. All remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein will not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
• You and UnitedHomies are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer, or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by these Terms.
In Other Words: These passages are pretty standard and are part of just about every online terms agreement.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions regarding these Conditions of use, you can reach us at the following address:
Abstract to Earth Consultants Inc.
489 Nairn Av., unit 4,
last updated: 25 January, 2019